Certified Arborists specialize in the care of individual trees. They are knowledgeable about the needs of trees and are trained and equipped to provide proper care. Hiring a certified arborist is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Proper tree care is an investment that can lead to substantial returns. Well cared-for trees are attractive and can add considerable value to your property. Poorly maintained trees can be a significant liability. Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees.
Services That Arborists Can Provide
An arborist can determine the type of pruning necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance, and safety of trees. Pruning techniques include removing limbs that:
- interfere with utilities or structures
- obstruct streets or sidewalks
- are dead, weak, or decayed and pose unacceptable risk
- are diseased or insect-infested
- have been damaged by storms
- will increase light penetration and reduce wind resistance within the canopy upon removal (thinning)
Other pruning techniques are used to maintain proper structure in young trees, improve tree shape or form, and reduce the likelihood of future damage during storm events.
Although tree removal is a last resort, there are circumstances when it is necessary. An arborist can help decide whether a tree should be removed. Removal is recommended when the tree is:
- dead or dying
- considered an unacceptable risk
- causing an obstruction that is impossible to correct through pruning
- crowding and causing harm to other, more desirable trees
- to be replaced by a more suitable specimen
- located in an area where new construction requires removal Emergency
Tree Care Storms may cause limbs or entire trees to fall, often landing on other trees, structures, or cars. The weight of storm-damaged trees is great, and they can be dangerous to remove or trim. An arborist can assist in performing the job in a safe manner, while reducing further risk of damage to property.
Some arborists plant trees, and most can recommend species that are appropriate for a particular location. The wrong tree in the wrong location will lead to future problems as a result of limited growing space, insects, diseases, or poor growth.
Many arborists also provide a variety of other tree care services, including:
- Plant Health Care or preventive maintenance to keep trees in good health while reducing any insect, disease, or site problems
- fertilization and soil modification for improved tree health
- cabling or bracing for added support to branches with weak attachments
- soil aeration to improve root growth
- installation of lightning protection systems
- applications to manage certain insect and disease problems
- consulting and legal expert services relating to trees
The certified arborists at Design Tree Maintenance have the knowledge, skill, experience and the tools needed to handle every aspect of arboriculture. Additionally, we are directly affiliated with the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), Western Chapter ISA, Arizona Community Tree Council (ACTC) and The Better Business Bureau.